What features would you enjoy in Over?

Save at Full Resolution

It would be awesome if Over could save full high resolution images.

1,196 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robert LancasterRobert Lancaster shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  OverAdminOver (Customer Success, Over) responded  · 

Great news! You can save your creations at full resolution on Over for iOS.

1) Simply make sure you’ve updated to Over 3.0 or newer.
    2) When you’re ready to save your creation, tap the save/ share icon in the upper right.
    3) Then tap ‘Save PNG’.

Choosing ‘Save Image’ also saves at full resolution, however there is some compression that takes place and you may want to stick with ‘Save PNG’.

Enjoy!

128 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jon GaffneyJon Gaffney commented  · 

I've had Over for well over a year and love using it for posting photos to social channels. I'd really like to use it for photos that I use on my website, which looks best using full resolution photos. Really wish Over could do this as it's the best solution I've found for putting text on photos so far, but the fuzzy output for larger uses is a no go at current. Thanks for considering making it in an option!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I went to print some photos I'd used Over on into canvas to hang in my house but the quality is not good enough to blow them up and not be fuzzy. It would be awesome if we could save our pics in their original size after using this app!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Was using Over as a "watermarking" app for my photographs, then realized the downgrading in quality of my photos after export. Please allow full quality photos to be imported/exported at original resolution/size.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Please! After so many years we are still waiting for this feature!

• Anonymous commented  · 

YES NEED HIGH QUALITY OUTPUT!

• inflatabillinflatabill commented  · 

The upsizing is horrible. After adding text to a batch of 640x640 images, I realized they had been upsized to 1535x1538. The text looked great, but the images were unusable.

• DarrenDarren commented  · 

This is also a noticeable issue for me, blurry images after saving. This issue really does need fixing soon.

• CWCW commented  · 

Please fix this problem, the image quality of the resulting photo file needs to stay the same as the original. Otherwise I have to go back to using a different app.

• AdasaurAdasaur commented  · 

Agree- I really wanted to print some work I've done with Over but the quality is so poor that I just don't think it's worth bothering with. The ability to choose file size for saves would be great.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Gotta agree with most of the comments here. The image quality fall off is painful and seems unnecessary as the default 'way things are.' I teach iPhone/iPad photo classes and OVER has been one of my three essential apps that I require everyone to download and use in class. I'd become an even more enthusiastic promoter if I didn't have to add the caveat in class that the image quality was going to take a pretty major hit by the app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Still waiting for this fix. Moving to another app for now until this will support full res export. Love the UX but this feature is a killer.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The strange thing is that the text is very clear when saved.
        This must be a bug, and I hope the engineer knows how to fix it.
        What a disappointment, especially from an App that is all about quality and design, that I paid for.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Devs, allow for original quality output. Automatic degradation does this fine app a tremendous disservice! Will have to go with alternative text overlay options in the meantime.

• hawk00eyedhawk00eyed commented  · 

A work-around for the blurry output is to screenshot your work, with the downside being that you have the yellow triangle on the right. However, the screenshot is way clearer than what you would get if you tried to save to photo library or elsewhere. I'd rather a small yellow triangle than a terribly blurry photo.

• hawk00eyedhawk00eyed commented  · 

Love the app, but noticed the blurry output as well. Doesn't make sense.. Hope they fix it

• robin lawsrobin laws commented  · 

this is the only issue i have with this very nice app. original file size, not compressed and resized. please :)

• robin lawsrobin laws commented  · 

im so disappointed in the resizing issue. I cant believe a sweet app like this doesn't allow for saving at the original file size. why not? i don't get it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Low quality output... Sucks. Others a great app but too bad this fails just like some other app that export to a lower resolution.

• AngelicaAngelica commented  · 

I agree, it wasn't like that before they made some improvements and added layers. Now it lowers the resolution and the image quality is hugely compromised, even though the text looks great. Not good. What happened??!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I totally agree with other fans about this issue. It is really a big problem to me. I need my image remains sharp and crisp. Please improve this in next update. I appreciate your support!

Feedback and Knowledge Base